Electrical Tests

Electrical Tests & Landlord Testing in Burnley

If you are a Landlord of any type of property it is up to you to ensure that the property is fully compliant in relation to your obligations.

At Avon Electrical we can provide a simple inspection and report on the condition of the electrical installation of a property. This service provides a landlord with a very cost effective and reliable way of understanding if any parts of your electrical installation pose a potential threat or danger to your tenants or potential tenants.

All electrical services for landlords in Burnley should always be carried out in accordance with the the UK national standard for the safety of electrical installations, BS 7671: 2001 (IEE Wiring Regulations). Although BS 7671 is not a statutory document, installations conforming to that standard are regarded by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) as likely to achieve conformity with the relevant parts of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.

Any electrician or installation engineer carrying out electrical services for landlords, whether as an employer, employee or self-employed person, must comply with the relevant requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations. In particular, Regulation 16 of those regulations requires that all persons (other than D.I.Y.ers) working on electrical installations must have appropriate technical knowledge and experience to prevent danger or injury.

The majority of insurance companies now insist on evidence of inspections and testing being carried out on any rented property and will not honour a claim if this evidence is not provided. This is why the importance of our electrical services for landlords in Burnley is essential. In some cases insurance companies offer discounts to landlords who can show evidence of this work being carried out.

Call today or fill in our form to arrange your electrical tests.

electrical testing

Request a quote

✓ Comply with Regulations

Under the Electricity at Work Regulations (1989) and other electrical safety standards, as a landlord, legally, it is up to you to make sure all appliances are thoroughly checked to make sure they’re in good working condition and are safe to use.

✓ Validate your insurance

Your insurance may not be valid without proof of an up to date electrical test and EICR certificate, it’s essential that you are able to prove the electrics in your property are safe and serviced regularly.